閱讀權限 1
註冊 2017-5-25
用戶註冊天數 2564
用戶失蹤天數 1916
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 2018-5-3 14:00  資料 私人訊息 
Cheap NFL Jerseys GPL must go’
Controversy erupted over the implementation of the new Guyana Power and Light Inc. (GPL) pre-paid meter system yesterday,Jerseys Wholesale, with residents protesting what they deemed the arbitrary installation of the devices,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, without adequate explanation of how they will operate.Yesterday, several residents of Festival City bearing placards called for the removal of the pre-paid meters from their homes, since they claimed it was a means of increasing their normal amount of payment for electricity.However, Public Relations Officer of the GPL, Denise Anderson, said that the actions of the residents are premature, since they should allow the system to work for a while before rushing to judgment.She said that like with any new system there are bound to be some teething problems and whatever complaints occur will be addressed.On Sunday, the power company installed eight of the pre-paid meters in homes of customers in the Festival City area as part of a pilot project to guide the subsequent introduction of the new system.The residents claimed that they were taken by surprise when a crew from the power company turned up at their home and proceeded to remove their old meters and began installing the new ones.“I never ask for nothing. I come and meet de people in me yard they say they want to put de thing in deh. Then they start to demonstrate but I could not understand. My husband came in shortly and they showed him how to punch in the information,” one resident told this newspaper.Residents with their placards protesting the implementation of the GPL pre-paid meter.The customers who received the new system indicated that they were given credit ranging from $500 to $1000.But by Monday most of the credit had expired, although they had disconnected some of their appliances,Cheap World Cup Jerseys 2018, and they were left without electricity since then.This newspaper understands that GPL provides electricity at about $50 per kilowatt.“The credit ain’t done yet, but I had to take off all my things (appliances),” the resident added.The residents claimed that they complained to GPL about the problems they are encountering and the company promised to send a technical team to deal with them.However, when the team arrived and saw the protesters they drove away without stopping.“We are poor people in this area. Wha gon happen to we TV, we microwave, we fridge if this thing tekkin so much money. We do not want it,” another resident lamented.They claimed that the confusion is being caused by the lack of proper consultation with them by the power company.But according to resident, Lawrence Chance, sometime back the company had indicated that it would be implementing the pre-paid meter system in the area.He said that he normally uses about $8000 in electricity per month and judging from what transpired over the weekend since the new system was installed, it would appear that his payment will be doubled.According to Chance,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, the technicians from the power company inserted about $500 credit worth of electricity into his meter at about 13:00 hours on Sunday and before dayclean the next day it was finished.“I had to take off all the appliances. Then they came back the following day (Monday) and put in $1500 and that is what I am working with now but I had to take off all the main appliances because it ain’t gon last.If you work this thing out you gon see it is $500 a day,” Chance told this newspaper.He said that he is not against the new system once his present cost of electricity consumption is comparable with the old one.Another resident said that when she complained that the credit in her system was diminishing too quickly, she was accused by the technicians of giving her neighbours current.“How de hell I gone give me neighbour light and they got meter? I look like I retarded?” the resident pointed out.The resident said that to compound matters, her credit kept dwindling despite the fact that there was a power cut in the area.Eighty-three year-old Elaine King lamented that she was not at home when the GPL technicians arrived at her home and took away her meter.“We pay for that meter, man, they should ask if you want it. They can’t push something down yuh throat,” King stated.Yesterday some of the placards read ‘Pre-paid meter must go out of Festival City’; ‘No money, no credit, no light, GPL must go’; ‘This is murder in Festival City’ and ‘Stop pre-paid meter now’.But the GPL Public Relations Officer, Denise Anderson,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, who arrived on the scene to clear the air on the confusion, told the media that an announcement was made that the whole of Guyana will be going pre-paid.“Pre-paid is where we’re going for t
頂部