閱讀權限 1
註冊 2017-5-25
用戶註冊天數 2592
用戶失蹤天數 1944
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 2017-7-4 07:11  資料 私人訊息 
Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Outlet no Union
The atrocious conditions under which workers were forced to toil were exposed when Junior Minister of Social Protection Simona Broomes on Thursday conducted an onsite visit of the Bosai bauxite mining operationsMinister Simona Broomes addressing workers at the East Montgomery minein Linden, Region Ten.Accompanied by a team of Labour Occupational Health and Safety Officials, the Minister was appalled at the conditions under which workers were required to execute their duties.A sparsely furnished lunchroom with no central or functioning air condition unit, and another adjacent to an exposed sewage pipe; water on the floor and inadequate safety equipment such as basic face masks were some of the harsh conditions that the Minister bore witness that the workers were forced to toil under at the Chinese owned factory plant.Over at the East Montgomery mines, workers complained of being forced to cramp themselves into one bus for transportation into the worksite. According to the workers, the company had two big buses that transported the workers to the mine and the docks, but after one became inoperable, no moves were made to get a second.The mine workers complained of working under unsafe conditions,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, such as an open pit, which many felt was too steep and in some parts more dangerous than the one that saw the eightInside the tunnel that has live electricity and is saturated with water on the groundminers losing their lives recently at an interior location. Working the pit in the night was also made more difficult by the fact that workers had to do so with inadequate lighting. “We need maxi lighting sets, they have we working with pole lights that deh at this end of the mine and another at that end of the mine. If we gon work night, we need the pit to be bright as day…when you working in there in the night, as soon as you trunk off the machine light, you can’t see in front you,” one worker said.It was also pointed out that many heavy-duty machine operators lack functioning units. “These machines, often they get AC problems and them threaten operators, them want them to work in that oven for hours,” one worker told the Minister.The Minister was also apprised of what workers said were the victimisation and verbal abuse they suffer when they complained about such issues as “no raise of pay,http://www.theworldsoccersshop.com/Argentina-Facundo-Roncaglia-Jersey.html, being evaluated and being told there is no money to pay, being denied pay when sick, despite falling sick on the job and being checked by the onsite medic and taken to the hospital, by that official.”One worker told the Minister of an incident where he complained to the Mines Manager about the AC in the lunchroom not working, to which the Manager replied “first place I come and see two AC in one room, how much of you have two ACs in your house…”As one worker puts it, “All these people concern with is this bauxite, and getting it out, and we get the crumbs from their table.”The workers at the mine function under these conditions, 12 hours per day, for a basic salary of US$100 per week. “This is the first time in five years we have seen anyone; we haven’t got no visit from no Minister, no Union,” one of the mine workers told the Minister.According to Minister Broomes, the visit exposed many serious lapses and lack of oversight by the previous administration. She noted that the previous government had placed restrictions on labour inspections across the country.According to Minister Broomes,Cheap NFL Jerseys, there has been a halt on inspections for about two years. “… that was deliberate, that was to ensure that these people, with foreign and local companies, suppress our people, this is very bad…” she pointed out.She noted that under the Minister of Protection, there will be a difference. “We will be traversing the length and breadth of Guyana. We will be looking at health and safety practices for workers in Guyana, we will also be looking at child labour, in the work places, so you will see more of focus on the labour aspect,” she warned.“…we want to visit, we want to meet with workers, we want to know what are the challenges …we want to establish the kind of relationship with all the companies, be it local,Bobby Orr Jersey, foreign, so that we will ensure that the whole aspect of health and safety will be addressed in a more active way…,” she continued.She added that “protocol will be established with security at the gates of these companies, so that in future,Wholesale Jerseys, when labour officials show up, they will have immediate access to the Company.” The Minister was referring to the fact that when
頂部