閱讀權限 1
註冊 2017-5-25
用戶註冊天數 2592
用戶失蹤天數 1944
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 2017-6-30 04:13  資料 私人訊息 
NBA Store I’
By Michael JordanAs a boy growing up in the country, one of Harold Bascom’s favourite pastimes was going to the cinema. And, as boys often do, he would surely have fantasized about playing the roles of his movie heroes. But unlike his peers, he also dreamed of making movies of his own; movies with Guyanese heroes, who looked like him and spoke like people that he knew.Harold BascomNow a successful artist and writer, the three-time Guyana Prize winner is returning to his first passion. Earlier this year he wrote a movie script ‘Deportee,’ which was shortlisted for the Guyana Prize 2012 (Best Drama category). It’s an eerily accurate and disturbing portrayal of the violent and corrupt nation that Guyana has become. It’s a film script peopled by hit-men, a sleazy Government minister, policemen both crooked and incorruptible, and a deportee trying to turn his life around. With a few subtle changes,NFL Jerseys Supply, Bascom, who is US-based, is hoping to take ‘Deportee’ to the big screen.? ?Kaieteur News (KN): Why do you want to make Deportee into a movie?Harold Bascom (HB): It is more than ‘wanting to make’; for me it is more a ‘need to make’. I have this burning need to tell this dramatic story—warts and all—about what is going on in Guyana and how screwed up our country has become.?KN: Do you consider this venture a step up from the plays you wrote, produced, and directed back in Guyana?HB: As a playwright/producer back in Georgetown, I wrote plays that I described as ‘mirrors’. The intention to film this screenplay is an extension of that. I have always believed that the artist is the antennae of his society. I also believe that popular plays and movies, even though operating on a level of plain entertainment, can be vehicles for serious catharsis on national and international levels.? Right now, decency and morality are in their death throes in Guyana. It is sad that for the average Guyanese, corrupted behaviour has become normal.There is a scene in ‘Deportee’ where a faceless policewoman returns to her impoverished home from her job in the office of the Commissioner of Police. On entering, her wretched mother, who lives in the house, enquires of milk for the toddler. Soon after, there is a rap on the front door. The faceless policewoman opens it and speaks to the faceless criminal in whose pocket she’s in. He asks if there is any new inside information she has to offer. She tells of something transpiring in the Commissioner’s office, but that she doesn’t think it’s of any significance. She then asks her criminal handler if she still can keep the bribe money he brought her. He responds: “Is you own; you’s we inside girl, man. Is just money; we good.”It is my hope that through scenes like the one above,Jerseys NFL Cheap, some kind of national catharsis can take place.?KN: I think I jumped the gun. What is the screenplay exactly about? Can you give me a synopsis of it?HB: While 43-year-old Ryan Sills (an ex-narcotic kingpin) waits to be deported to Guyana, the country of his birth that he has left since he was four years old, Brook, an ex-member of Sills’ Downtown Brooklyn, New York gang (and currently a hired killer in Georgetown City, Guyana), waits to kill Sills once he’s back on his native soil.Illustration for deporteeBrook feels that Ryan Sills is responsible for the slaughter of his girl, little son,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, and his teenage brother back in New York.As Ryan waits in a Pennsylvanian Correctional Center to be sent packing back to a Guyana that he scarcely remembers, Brook assassinates a Guyana Government Minister. This sparks a covert investigation to find the minister’s assailants—an investigation led by a female Detective, Loren Barry.The film script, Deportee, cuts between the USA and Guyana.Will Detective Loren Barry apprehend Brook before Ryan Sills is back on his native soil? I guarantee you that the above questions will rivet you into this drama; and the climax will be left with you for a very,Marlon Humphrey Jersey, very long time.?KN: In the judges’ report at the Guyana Prize ceremony, you were chided for losing an opportunity to be more creative and deep with your screenplay. According to them, you merely tried to ‘translate’ Guyana, which, to them was probably very shallow. What do you say to that?HB: There are times when the writer sets out to be obscure about what he/she wants to say as in the case of stalwarts like Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Wilson Harris. These great writers put out the kind of writings that lure literary snobs out of the woodwork to debate what the writer meant when he wrote what he wrote.But then there are also times when the writer simply wants to record a straight truth without levels upon levels of possible intellectual interpretations. That was my
頂部