閱讀權限 1
註冊 2017-5-25
用戶註冊天數 2596
用戶失蹤天數 1948
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 2017-7-15 00:41  資料 私人訊息 
Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched
Dozens of protestors gathered outside the Ministry of Health’s Brickdam offices yesterday, calling for the resignation of Health Minister, Dr. Bheri Ramsaran for his verbally abusive statements made to social activistProtestors outside the Ministry of Health, midday yesterday.Sherlina Nageer.As the gathering chanted “Bheri Must Go!” placards read “Stop Sexual Violence”,Authentic Kyle Korver Hawks Jersey, “We are tired of abuse against women” and “Apology not accepted”. The demonstrators called for President Donald Ramotar to take immediate action on the Minister’s behaviour.Nageer felt the wrath of the Minister on Monday because she apparently touched a nerve when she questioned him about his presence on a protest front. Ramsaran was leading a protest demonstration outside the Whim Magistrate’s Court, Corentyne, Berbice, in support of former President Bharrat Jagdeo whose matter was being heard at the time inside the court.As he was being interviewed by reporters, Ramsaran said that those who mounted the protest were representing Jagdeo and were against the “wife beater” Christopher Ram.At that point, Nageer interjected, questioning Ramsaran as to whether Jagdeo did not abuse his wife as well. She went on to ask the Minister why he was wasting time on a protest line when he has more important issues to attend to with regard to Guyana’s health sector. Responding to Nageer’s questions,Jerseys NFL China, Ramsaran shouted, “Shut your mouth and get out my face.” He subsequently continued to direct more obscenities at the female activist, as she insisted that his presence at the demonstration was inappropriate.When the recording surfaced, many sections of social media were quick to voice their outrage at the Minister’s remarks, following which, civil society groups labelled his words as “abusive” and “threatening” language to the highest degree.On Tuesday, Minister Ramsaran sent out a statement which stated that he was “rudely interrupted by a woman who kept shouting and interrupting me throughout (an interview). I shifted away on several occasions in an attempt to avoid her but she persisted in interrupting the interview. It was unfortunate that I was provoked into anger and uttered harsh words at her for which I now regret. I therefore wish to apologize for uttering those words.”Nageer who was on the forefront of the picket line yesterday,Cheap Jerseys China, stated that she did not regret her interaction with the Minister, especially since she was not breaking any laws.“I was simply exercising my right to get answers to questions I have as a tax payer,” said Nageer. The social activist described the Minister’s behaviour as “very shocking”. When asked what the Minister should do next, Nageer related that she thinks he should have resigned long before the incident.“I think he should have resigned a long time ago… I think his job performance has been lackluster”. She added that she has not had any contact with the Minister since the incident; despite him releasing a statement of apology on the incident.In fact, Nageer regarded the statement as meaningless since it was not directed to her. Expressing similar sentiments were a number of other protestors including University of Guyana lecturer, Dr. Melissa Ifill, Rev. Patricia Sheeratan-Bisnauth of the Guyana Responsible Parenthood Association (GRPA), and Programme Assistant of the Amerindian Peoples Association (APA) Laura George.“When a minister can give what he thinks is a farce of an apology, and at the same time, blame the victim and say he was provoked, that is no excuse,” said George,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, “who do you depend on when a Minister or person of high standard treats a woman like that.”Moreover, Dr Ifill described Ramsaran’s actions as “disrespectful” and a contributor to this country’s culture of treating women abominably. She also related that the Minister’s apology statement is the “classic manifestation of an abusive individual” since it was more of a justification of his actions.Adding her voice to the disapproval of Dr. Ramsaran’s apology,Bobby Orr Jersey, Rev. Sheeratan-Bisnauth said that “that is not an apology. It is an excuse for the abuse that he did and a poor excuse at that. So many abusers use this excuse and say that they made me do this.”The GRPA official further said that for the cycle of sexual violence to end victims of the crime, need to have the judicial support they require to heal and perpetrators need to be held accountable according to the law.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pic saved in Thursday as bheri protest1
頂部