閱讀權限 1
註冊 2017-5-25
用戶註冊天數 2592
用戶失蹤天數 1944
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 2017-7-6 04:10  資料 私人訊息 
Jerseys From China some for as many as 46 years
(By Mondale Smith)In pursuit of long life many live by doctor’s orders but centenarian Millicent Sealy has additional recommendations. “Take daily glasses of cow heel broth, some soup at the weekends,Jerseys From China, drinks lots of coffee,Nike NFL Jerseys China, live healthy, take care of yourself, be God-fearing and live lovingly with your neighbours.”Fondly called ‘Aunty Mille’, the former dressmaker who did catering for a living, sat among relatives and friends to celebrate another milestone yesterday in Ward Eight at the Palms.Not a woman of many words,Wholesale NFL China Jerseys, she searched her memory then delivered an enviable eloquence void of the slurs of the average aged person.While eating cake provided by neighbours and other goodies from relatives she said, “I am 103 and I wish for nothing more than health and strength on my birthday.”Among those who celebrated with her were neighbours Eilene James and Barbra Yearwood along with Reverend Lesley Edmondson.At age 101, she cooked and cared for herself and house with some assistance from neighbours. She is hoping to do so again some time soon but currently needs some assistance to walk.Age has depreciated her hearing but she still reads. All of her other faculties are intact and she boasts a wealth of nostalgic memories that go back many years.Aunty Millicent Sealy shares her 103 birthday cake with Reverend Lesley Edmondson“Long ago I remember being among a crowd on High Street, near the courts to see the queen and king and I remember seeing them walk around admiring the place. I did not get to shake their hands but it was exciting.”To Aunty Mille,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, “growing up in Guyana was simple and whatever was given to you, you made good use of it.” On her special day she said “I feel healthy and as I become older I get stronger.”Reflecting on Christmas she said,Bobby Orr Jersey, “I love my pepper-pot with plenty meat and cow heel and I used to bake cake. I also made my own ginger beer.” Rating her ginger beer? as the best, she said “You get your ginger,Cheap Jerseys From China, grate it, add sugar, water and spice and clove and you allow it to sit for awhile.Married at age 16, she spent most of her youthful life at Linden before buying a house on Duncan Street. “The Almighty knows best and only he can say why we hadn’t any children but my husband was a good man,” she said.During their union, she managed a shop, catered for major functions and parties and was a seamstress also. Eventually she adopted her niece’s son, Desmond, who lived with her at her home on Duncan Street until three months ago when she was taken to the Palms.Her neighbours, some for as many as 46 years, had no comments on the matter but Millicent was in the news recently when her son physically assaulted her because she left the house while he slept.“I adopted my son as a baby and I took good care of him.” He was missing from yesterday’s celebrations.The last of 12 children for her parents, she was born on the East Bank of Demerara but grew up in Linden after attending the Freeburg School.Her former neighbours described her as “a very nice woman who loved to dance, sing and share old time stories.” But above all she was full of wisdom. Her advice to youths is “Live peaceful and in love…and long as you do that you will be happy”.
頂部